Happy Monday, everyone!
Mondays are my busy days at school but I still had a fantastic day and managed to get a lot done:
- Worked two of my three jobs on campus today
- Copy edited so many pages for the professional paper that copy edit for — we are rolling out a new magazine this week so it has been a busy weekend but we are really excited about it.
- Got some homework done
- Made a few new enhancements for this blog
By that last bullet, I mean making a Twitter feed for this blog, as well as a Facebook page. Be sure to check both out! You’ll notice that I also added some sidebars for these items on the page…just look to your left for both of those modules!
Happy blogger moment!
Since today was so insane, I had to squeeze dinner in where I could. Ipso facto, in between both of my jobs. I literally had an hour so this happened:
Subway is my new go-to for lunch or dinner — it’s still delicious, sans cheese. I’m really happen Subway introduced avocado to its lineup two summers ago and kept it for good. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and don’t even make you miss cheese for even half of a second. My toppings of choice? Avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and olives. Don’t knock it ’til you try it, no? Yeah.
I’m made the decision [already] to go home this weekend. This is for many reasons [in no specific order]:
- I really, really, really miss my parents (okay, this is obviously in specific order)
- I miss my cat!
- I’m blind as a bat and can’t function without my glasses and these glasses aren’t really cutting it anymore for class and the amount of work and reading I have to do. I got a new prescription at the end of summer but, unfortunately for me, they weren’t ready by the time I had to leave for school. They’re ready now and have been for a week or two so I am going to pick those up this weekend because my vision is getting pretty bad and it’s really pathetic how squinty I am all of the time with this old prescription
- This really awesome art festival, MOSAICS, is this weekend and my mom and I always go
- My sister and my brother in law are coming home this weekend and I get to be reunited with them! I didn’t know this until after I made up my mind to go home, so it makes the deal even sweeter
- I really just need a weekend out of town. I need a change of scenery
It’ll be interesting to be vegan at home since I haven’t had that experience yet. Definitely will keep you all posted for the weekend. For now, it’s back to copy editing and maybe an episode or two of Dr. Who — hey, I’ve worked all day. I deserve it!
Talk soon, as always!